Bianca has extensive experience in commercial litigation, practising predominantly in the areas of insolvency, banking and finance litigation and property-related disputes.
Her experience includes acting for major banks and financial institutions in asset and debt recoveries, and the enforcement of mortgages and other securities.
Bianca also has expertise in acting for insolvency practitioners, directors, and secured and unsecured creditors regarding the administration of insolvent estates, including providing advice and conducting litigation across all jurisdictions.
- a bank in a claim for possession of multiple properties from a corporate borrower and debt over $1m where an advance was made to a company in liquidation, involving negotiations with the liquidator and advice under the Corporations Act regarding the liquidator’s liability, realisation of water shares, and a subsequent guarantee claim;
- a trustee in bankruptcy in a Federal Court application for declaratory relief against a bankrupt and orders for possession of property vesting in the trustee;
- a second-tier lender in a complex Supreme Court claim involving issues of fraud, indefeasibility of mortgage, incorporation of loan terms, subrogation and restitution;
- a finance company in ongoing litigation regarding the validity of an instrument presented pursuant to the Bills of Exchange Act 1909; and
- a first mortgagee in a dispute with a second ranking mortgagee as to entitlement to sale proceeds, and the application of a priority agreement; and a financial institution to oppose an application to prevent the sale of vacant land by that entity as mortgagee in possession; issues includes the limitation of actions and a failure by the borrower to properly prosecute the claim.
- Finalist – Outstanding Female Award, Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Victoria (WIRV) 2020 Awards