Benjamin’s areas of practice include acquisition finance, agribusiness finance, general corporate finance (both syndicated and bilateral), and project finance. Benjamin also advises on various aspects of the Personal Property Securities Act (PPSA).
Benjamin’s recent experience includes acting for and / or advising in relation to:
- international and Australian institutional lenders and corporate borrowers regarding various facilities (syndicated, bilateral, senior, and mezzanine) ranging from US$20m – US$1b;
- a major Australian engineering and construction contractor regarding major infrastructure projects including the Metro Tunnel;
- a major German automotive manufacturer regarding bailment facilities with dealerships, including drafting and negotiating general and specific security agreements and priority deeds, and advising on various PPSA priority and registration matters;
- a Melbourne based investment and asset management firm in certain corporate finance transactions, including helping to prepare a suite of precedent loan and security documents (both real and personal property);
- an international electrical wholesaler regarding complex aspects of the PPSA, including updating their PPSA registration protocols and advising on collateral classification and priority issues arising from their standard form commercial credit terms; and
- an international agribusiness lender in the A$100 million acquisition of agricultural land and water assets in NSW, Queensland, Tasmania and Victoria.
Pro Bono & Community Work
- Volunteer for Orange Sky Australia