Adrian specialises in complex commercial disputes and litigation, with a particular focus on banking and finance litigation and recoveries. He has acted for ASX listed financiers, authorised deposit-taking institutions and receivables financiers in the enforcement of real property mortgages, chattel securities and unsecured loans. He is experienced in dealing with priority disputes of securities including disputes concerning caveats, equitable interests in real property and PPSA disputes.
- advising an ADI on the Farm Debt Mediation regime in Victoria;
- acting for liquidators in the recovery of unfair preference claims, trade debts and the realisation of security;
- issuing summary proceedings and obtained orders to evict squatters in a residential property;
- successfully dealing with various defective and questionable caveats lodged by combative caveators;
- successfully dealing with requisition notices issued by the Land Titles Offices of various states and territories;
- obtaining orders to terminate the winding up of a company;
- successfully opposing and cancelling the extension of the bankruptcy period imposed by a trustee in bankruptcy (through objections lodged with the Australian Financial Security Authority);
- assisting with the recovery of mistaken payments;
- assisting creditors with the recovery of substantial debts (more than $1m);
- successfully obtaining orders setting aside a sequestration order made against a debtor;
- acting for suppliers and manufacturers regarding allegations that the products supplied were defective or not fit for purpose; and
- obtaining orders invalidating the findings of an expert valuer in the context of a shareholder dispute.