Abraham advises property developers, local and foreign investors, and vendors and purchasers, on a wide range of property law matters.
His experience extends across all stages of the development process including acquisition, financing, construction, subdivision and sale.
Abraham’s clients include landlords and tenants, and vendors and purchasers–in retail, commercial and industrial premises leasing, due diligence, acquisitions and sales.
Abraham’s recent experience includes:
- acting for local and foreign purchasers in the acquisition of residential, off-the-plan and commercial property;
- acting for developers in residential and commercial site options, acquisitions, subdivisions and sales of property;
- due diligence advice for proposed acquisitions of various sites, either for development or specific use;
- preparing Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) applications;
- acting for a liquidator in the sale of a hotel ($110m);
- acting for self-managed super funds in the acquisition of commercial property;
- drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial, retail and industrial leasing, development leasing (Agreement to Lease) and licence agreements;
- lease mediations and dispute resolution;
- property-related tax advice (income tax for developers, stamp duty, GST, CGT and land tax);
- reviewing, negotiating and drafting franchise agreements (including master franchise agreements) and ancillary documents for various multi-site retailers;
- reviewing, negotiating and drafting commission agency agreements for petrol stations; and
- advising and acting on the sale and purchase of various businesses.