Job Listing Date: 29 April 2019
Location: Brisbane, CBD
Work Type: Full Time
Cornwalls is a national law practice with offices in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.
Cornwalls is a full service, commercial law firm practising in:
- Banking and Finance
- Building and Construction
- Corporate and Commercial
- Employment, Workplace Relations and Safety
- Fintech, Privacy and Emerging Technologies
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Wills and Estates
Nationally, Cornwalls has 31 partners, and nearly 100 legal practitioners. By partner number, Cornwalls ranks in the top 35 law firms in the country. By the end of 2019, we expect that Cornwalls will, by partner number, be ranked inside the top 25 law firms in the country.
Our practitioners have developed a reputation for their industry experience and have a unique focus on building longstanding relationships with our clients, which range for governments, government agencies and authorities and large corporations, to SMEs and individuals.
The practice has a culture that encourages employees to work collaboratively, be disciplined and supportive of each other, whilst living by our values:
- Client is key
- Our people make us
- Take ownership
- Team work
- Work smarter
With some of the most functional, up to date and easy to use systems, utilising the latest and best technology available for law practices, the work environment is easy going yet highly productive.
We have an opportunity for a 1 – 3 PAE commercial litigation lawyer to join our Brisbane office.
The position will primarily focus on litigious:
- Building and construction matters
- Employment, workplace relations and workplace health and safety matters,
with some exposure to front end matters in one or both areas (depending on requirements and candidate’s career preferences).
Your will work closely with the partners who respectively oversee the Brisbane Building and Construction Team and the Brisbane Workplace Relations and Safety Team.
The position offers:
- Top quality work, which is challenging and rewarding
- Salary commensurate with the experience and other characteristics of the successful candidates
- A supportive work environment
- Opportunities for further relevant study
- The chance for genuine career progression within a new national law firm.
To be considered for either opportunity, you will need:
- 1 – 3 PAE
- A strong academic background
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to build a rapport with a varied range of clients
- Great problem-solving skills; organisational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads
- A mature and confident manner
If you are interested in starting your career with Cornwalls, please submit a covering letter and your academic transcript to email@example.com.