Corporate & Finance Lawyer
Work Type: Full Time
Position Classification: Corporate Finance
Cornwalls is one of Australia’s oldest and most respected independent law firms. We are multidisciplinary, dynamic and innovative. We offer a full range of commercial law services and have offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. We place great value on our people and take pride in our culture. Clients have entrusted us with their business since 1891. We are commercially astute, innovative and trusted advisors. We represent a broad array of corporations, family offices and high net worth individuals. Our clients are represented in every major industry. Our lawyers are thought leaders in legal issues critical to their areas of expertise. Our clients are integral to our firm. We work hard to understand their needs. Each client is distinct and we provide unique and dynamic solutions to ensure that our approach works for them.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our growing Sydney practice is seeking a bright lawyer (graduate – 4 years) to join our exciting Corporate and Finance team.
The role provides a great opportunity to work alongside Glenn Hughes, a recognised senior Corporate Lawyer in the Corporate / M&A space and Mayank Gupta, an enterprising Finance Lawyer with extensive international experience.
The Sydney office opened in 2019; this is a real opportunity to be part of the expansion of a well-established firm into the Sydney market. All principals in our Sydney office hail from national and international law firms and have come together to form a friendly, inclusive and culture-led environment, founded on teamwork, drive, respect and commitment to client service.
As a valued member of our Corporate and Finance team, you will have the opportunity to work on an array of matters, such as:
- Corporate mergers, acquisitions and disposals, and related due diligence
- Equity investments, joint ventures, capital raising and foreign investment
- Syndicated financing transactions, distressed lending opportunities and restructuring and insolvency
- Regulatory and compliance issues
Our client base is incredibly diverse: we advise agribusinesses, biotechs, cosmeceutical producers, defence suppliers, fintechs, security providers and developers to name a few. Our clients range in size from start-ups to large ASX-listed businesses.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A strong academic record, coupled with a practical mindset
- Excellent time management and task prioritisation skills, to manage multiple tasks at any given time
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as highly developed interpersonal skills
- An ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- A high level of attention to detail
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills
- A strong client service focus and work ethic
- Drive and passion for a career in law
Prior experience working in Corporate Law or Finance Law is an advantage but not essential.
WHAT WE OFFER
As a multidisciplinary practice, with talent and culture being the cornerstone pillar to our business strategy, we offer countless opportunities to learn and grow and work with clients across a variety of sectors. In addition, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Tutelage from award-winning lawyers who are well recognised in their respective fields
- Interesting and challenging work
- Regular social events
- Group sporting events
- A genuinely fun, relaxed and supportive workplace, where everyone will know your name
- Flexible working arrangements
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter, academic transcript and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information or a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Kylie May on +61 2 9216 5604 .