Banking & Finance Lawyer
Work Type: Full Time
Position Classification: Banking & Finance
Cornwalls is one of Australia’s oldest and most respected independent law firms. We are multidisciplinary, dynamic and innovative. We offer a full range of commercial law services and have offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. We place great value on our people and take pride in our culture. Clients have entrusted us with their business since 1891. We are commercially astute, innovative and trusted advisors. We represent a broad array of corporations, family offices and high net worth individuals. Our clients are represented in every major industry. Our lawyers are thought leaders in legal issues critical to their areas of expertise. Our clients are integral to our firm. We work hard to understand their needs. Each client is distinct and we provide unique and dynamic solutions to ensure that our approach works for them.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to growth, we are seeking an experienced and driven Banking & Finance Lawyer to join our collegial Banking & Finance team in our Melbourne office.
The role provides a great opportunity to work alongside a leading senior Banking and Finance Lawyer in the receivable financing space. A real opportunity to be part of a developing banking and finance practice. You will have access to an impressive client base and work in an environment founded on teamwork, drive and commitment to client service.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to hit the ground running and have sound general banking and finance knowledge. The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Managing all forms of receivables financing, trade financing, equipment financing;
- Securitisation programs (facility agency arrangement, security trusts);
- Bond and notes issues including subordinated issues;
- Managing front end finance transactions from instruction to settlement;
- Liaising and building relationships internally and externally; and
- Working as part of the wider practice group on larger more complex matters.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This fast paced and exciting role, where your experience will take you to the next level in your career, will require you to:
- Possess a high level of attention to detail, to carry out transactional matters with a quick turnaround;
- Have experience working in a well-respected firm, with exposure to a full range of financial transactions;
- Have at least three years PAE, working in this space;
- Be proactive in your approach, with excellent problem-solving skills;
- Have excellent legal drafting and analysis skills;
- Work autonomously and exceptionally well in a team environment;
- Have excellent time management and task prioritisation skills, to manage multiple tasks at any given time;
- Build relationships across all levels of the firm;
- Own exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of integrity when dealing with clients and your peers;
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and lead by example.
WHAT WE OFFER
Cornwalls has a rich history dating back to 1891. We are defined by our heritage and values demonstrated by our founders. As a multidisciplinary practice, with talent and culture being the cornerstone pillar to our business strategy, we provide staff with opportunities to always learn and grow. In addition, we have:
- Flexible working arrangements and work life balance
- Continuous learning and development programs
- Regular social events
- Group sporting events
- A fun, relaxed and enjoyable workplace, where everyone will know your name.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information or a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Tania Cipriano, Talent & Culture Advisor on 03 9608 2261.